Youth Art Competition
December 2022 - September 2023
Open For: Children and adolescents aged 5-18 at home and abroad
1. Purpose of the competition:
Family is the cradle of faith and the link of value inheritance. The traditional family plays the function of inheriting morality and maintaining social stability. Through painting, let children express the traditional values of the family and help them move towards a better life.
2. Theme of the work:
Since childhood, we have been taught in family life to treat people with sincerity every day, to not tell lies, to treat people with kindness and compassion every day, to think of others in everything, to be tolerant to the faults of others, to be magnanimous, to convince others with virtue, keep kind thoughts in your heart every day, and if you do a good deed every day, you will get good rewards. Good people in the world will have God's help, and their lives will be happy, healthy and peaceful.
3. Participating groups:
￭Kindergarten(5-6 years old)
Date of Birth August 1, 2015 - July 31, 2017
￭Children A (7-9 years old)
Date of Birth August 1, 2012 - July 31, 2015
￭Children B (10-12 years old)
Date of Birth August 1, 2009 - July 31, 2012
￭Junior Group (13-15 years old)
Date of Birth August 1, 2006 - July 31, 2009
￭Senior Group (16-18 years old)
Date of Birth August 1, 2003 - September 30, 2006
4. Requirements for works:
12x18 inch paper, any style, watercolor, crayon, oil painting, drawing can be 8 million pixels (10Mb), any length and width (recommended 1600X900 ratio, A3 size).
5. How to apply:
There is no registration fee, please fill in the form and send the photo to the following website: https://cctc.taipei/register
Submit a painting with an email address.
6. Awards setting:
1. Kindergarten 1 participant from each division Certificate + Prize
2.Children A/B and Junior Group
First Prize 1 participant from each division $300 USD
Second Prize 1 participant from each division $200 USD
Third Prize 1 participant from each division $100 USD
Award of Merit 1 participant from each division $50 USD
3. Senior Group
First Prize 1 participant from division $500 USD
Second Prize 1 participant from division $300 USD
Third Prize 1 participant from division $200 USD
Award of Merit 1 participant from division $50 USD
a. In case that two artworks receive the same score, both will be awarded the same prize.
b. Prizes can be awarded as the participant’s local currency instead of USD.
c. Participants and finalists who need physical certificates and gifts are required to charge a processing fee of $10 (approximately NT$300)
7. Deadline for manuscripts: July 31, 2023
8. Date of announcement of the shortlist:
Preliminary finalists: Oct 30, 2023
Rematch awards:Nov 30 , 2023
9. Evaluation Criteria:
Conform to the theme 40%, composition 10%, technical performance 25%, color use 25%.
10. Conditions and requirements for the competition:
- It must be the original work of the contestant. Parents and teachers are not allowed to draw on their behalf, but can participate in the discussion of the theme content and technical guidance.
- Entrants of the works are required to provide a text description of the works (about 100-150 words).
- If the works that have participated in other competitions are accepted by the competition, they shall not be allowed to register for this competition again.
The copyright of the work belongs to the author, but the organizer has the right to use the work. The organizers are not responsible for any legal trouble by the author. Group registration does not need to pay the production fee.
12. Organizers and Co-organizers:
CCTC Chinese International Cultural Tourism Business Development Association (Taiwan)
2. Sounds of Hope (United States),
3. Mingde International Education and Training Center (USA)
4. Lating Shuyuan (Canada)
5. New Hope Education (France)
6. Taiwan-Japan Friendship Exchange Association (Japan)
7. Global Friendship Association (Australia)